As of Monday, September 20, 2021, The City of Red Deer has adopted the Provincial Restrictions Exemption Program. The program applies at all City owned and operated recreation and culture facilities.
As a part of the Restrictions Exemption Program, The City had previously announced that all vaccine-eligible visitors 12 years and older to City facilities would need to show proof of vaccination, a valid medical exemption, or a negative rapid COVID-19 test within 72 hours of entry. Over the weekend, the Government of Alberta released further details about the Restrictions Exemption Program which clarify the requirements for youth sport, fitness and performance activities.
As a result of continued consultation with provincial government representatives, the following updates have been applied for all City of Red Deer recreation and culture facilities, effective September 21, 2021:
- Volunteers for organized sport groups can enter to perform their activity-related responsibilities without proof of vaccination, exemption, or negative COVID-19 test
- Youth sport, fitness and performance participants can take part in their activities without proof of vaccination, exemption or negative COVID-19 test
- Youth aged 12-17 must show proof of vaccination, medical exemption or a negative test result to enter any facility while not participating in activity. This includes spectators, or using the concourse and common areas.
- Anyone ages 18 or older will be required to show proof of vaccination, medical exemption or a negative rapid test result within 72 hours of a visit to facilities.
- From September 20 to October 25, proof of a single dose is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than two weeks before visiting a facility. After October 25, proof of double vaccination is required.
All other vaccine-eligible visitors will be required to follow the guidelines set out for the Provincial Restrictions Exemption Program which can be seen here: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx.
Effective September 20, anyone unable to wear a mask will be required to provide a medical exemption letter from an authorized health professional. More information about mask exemptions is available at alberta.ca/masks
Please visit www.reddeer.ca/RecUpdate for more information about the Restrictions Exemption Program at our facilities.
For more information, please contact:
The City of Red Deer